A Recognized Leader in Patient Safety
In 1917, Aiken socialites donated money to start the Aiken Hospital and Relief Society, known today as ¤đ║═Î»ĂŻ╠Ę. Located in Aiken, South Carolina, which was named 2018's ÔÇťBest Small Town in the SouthÔÇŁ by Southern Living Magazine, ¤đ║═Î»ĂŻ╠Ę is a 273 licensed-bed acute care hospital facility that offers a comprehensive range of specialties and services.
Our team┬áis dedicated to patient safety and providing quality healthcare services, many of which are recognized on a state, regional or national level:
- ÔÇśAÔÇÖ grades in The Leapfrog GroupÔÇÖs Hospital Safety Grade from Fall 2018 through Spring 2020
- Certified Primary Heart Attack Center (CPHA) by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association┬« (ASA) / American Heart Association┬« (AHA)
- Certified Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association┬« (ASA) / American Heart Association┬« (AHA)
- Top Teaching Hospital by the Leapfrog Group for 2019
- Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus, Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite for 2019
- AHA Mission: Lifeline┬« Trailblazer regional participant
- Designated a Blue Distinction┬« Center for Maternity Care from Blue Cross┬« of South Carolina
- Recognized by Hologic┬« as a Pink Ribbon Facility
- Wound Healing Institute of Carolina Recognized with Center of Distinction Award from Healogics┬«
- Wound Healing Institute of Carolina Recognized with Robert A. Warriner, III Center of Excellence from Healogics┬«
- Voted ÔÇśBest Nursing StaffÔÇÖ in AikenÔÇÖs Choice Top Docs 2020
Aiken Regional receives 54,000 emergency room visits, performs 13,000 surgeries and delivers 1,100 babies each year. The hospital has more than 1,200 skilled healthcare/support professionals, a team of more than 200 multi-specialty physicians and 130 volunteers to help the hospital continue to provide quality care.
Aiken Regional is accredited by The Joint Commission and licensed by the State of South Carolina.
Aiken Regional is owned and operated by a subsidiary of┬á, a King of Prussia, PA-based company, that is one of the largest healthcare management companies in the nation.